Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday 14 April 2013

"Hope on the Rocks"

"Hope On The Rocks"--Toby Keith

 

"Hope on the Rocks"


A song called "Hope on the Rocks" by Toby Keith inspired the title to this post and is what I need right now, and seems I'm not the only one. I lost my brother over two years ago to suicide and since then I have not been myself. How can I, after all the guilt ? But I've managed, with some help of course, and there's less guilt these days.  

"When hope is gone, time is punishment." --Mitch Albom

Almost a year ago I found this beautiful person, an architect, whom I've fallen in love with, who's trying to survive and achieve the American dream but has no network to accomplish this. And all I keep thinking is how to save this person from himself and the depression that he feels as a result. And my fear resurfaces, of losing the fight again, of losing yet another beautiful wonder.

"Time is not something you give back. The very next moment may be an answer to your prayer. To deny the most important part of the future, hope." --Mitch Albom



There's an ocean of faith in a grain of sand, and the same can be said about hope. And when all else fails and one is left with a thread to hang by I try to reach out with a message of hope. One has to keep fighting for that dream, whatever it might be, and it might never become quite perfect but we can always approximate it with an ounce of effort and that is always better than not having tried at all. Never forget to smile and never forget to reassess how
much further we've come along and always look back at how much we've overcome and recognise that as an accomplishment and inertia to keep us moving forward.  

Remember to always be with friends that are positive thinkers, are supportive, and fun to go out with because laughing always helps and is still the best medicine for the heart and soul.

Cheers then!

P.S. Always have a pint or two to steel the nerves, 'tis called Happy Hour for a reason !

No comments:

Post a Comment