Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Monday 6 May 2013

AIDS Walk New York 2013

AIDS Walk New York 2013


This is my second year walking with +AIDS Walk NY benefitting GMHC. Last year I walked alone, and although I had no team formed, I had a team of sponsors, amongst friends and family, but also included a celebrity. Yes! I was sponsored last year by +John Stamos. He donated $500.00 and I was the proudest walker last year. And this year I decided to make a stronger comeback by forming a team, Superhero Walkers, and beating last years' total of $950.00, which was only $50.00 from being a Star Walker. I was so close! Currently we have raised $1,385.00 thanks to all my sponsors and my Team Co-Captain, which made the Star Walkers status by the way. Although I have not recruited any celebrities yet, I have passed last years' total but I am still searching for that one celebrity to surprise me with their kind generosity. So please tick above or here, Superhero Walkers, to donate and be our hero.


John Stamos--my Champion Donor



I named my team Superhero Walkers 'cause I am a fan of them myself. My favourite one being Superman, but I do love them all, I brought the theme to the team 'cause when one is walking for a cause or one is donating for a cause, I believe they are being a hero. My team members who are walking, since I also have a few "Virtual Walkers" who, while not walking are still dedicated friends who are helping me achieve my goal from other states such as Florida and Pennsylvania, will be wearing superhero T-shirts on the day of the walk. I, as the team leader, will be wearing a Superman T-shirt, no surprise there, and my Co-Captain will be wearing a Captain America T-shirt, so you get the idea. 



 Go Co-Captain America !




The AIDS Walk New York will be held on Sunday 19 May, 2013 starting at Central Park's Columbus Circle entrance and heading up to the end of it at 110th Street and then coming back down on Riverside Drive and passing by my old High School on 84th Street, Louis D Brandeis High School, and ending back at Central Park for a total of 10 kilometres, rain or shine of course.

Now, it is hard raising funds but I also make it fun, I have offered my team members free $25.00 gift cards to the first 3 team members who raise $250.00 that I'll get from my rewards programs and just last Sunday I held a raffle for all current donors as of last Saturday who can win cool prizes that have been given away at functions to all team leaders. Watch the video to see them and the raffle itself. By the way there will be another raffle next Sunday 12 May for those of you who are in the procrastination stage so make your donations this week to be in the drawing!  

So hopefully these incentives and also this post can gather some more donations and hopefully some celebrity sponsors to help us achieve our team goal of $2,000.00!

"AIDS Walk Raffle"--Richard Michael

Cheers and Good Luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment